Douglas County Sheriff Releases Names Of Shooting Victims
Friday afternoon Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin named the nine people killed by a gunman Thursday at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon.
The victims who died ranged in age from 18 years old to 67 years old. This 67-year-old was the teacher of the class where the shooting occurred. All of the victims hailed from Roseburg or surrounding communities in southwest Oregon.
The victims were:
- Lucero Alcaraz, Roseburg, 19
- Quinn Glen Cooper, Roseburg, 18
- Kim Saltmarsh Deitz, Roseburg, 59
- Lucas Eibel, Roseburg, 18
- Jason Dale Johnson, Winston, 33
- Lawrence Levine, Glide, 67
- Sarena Dawn Moore, Myrtle Creek, 44
- Treven Taylor Anspach, Sutherlin, 20
- Rebecka Ann Carnes, Myrtle Creek, 18
Nine others were hospitalized.
Hanlin declined to name the shooter, identified as Chris Harper Mercer, who was killed in a confrontation with officers. The shooter was a student at Umpqua Community College and was enrolled in the class where the mass shooting took place.
Douglas County first responders read statements from some families to the media. Law enforcement officers said the victims' families are requesting privacy at this time.